Offered at $1,300,000
Mahogany entry doors. 10 foot ceilings. Transom windows. Inlaid hardwood flooring. Gourmet kitchen. Cherry cabinetry. Limestone fireplace. Exquisite woodwork details. All are characteristics of this fine craftsman-style home.
The first floor features a formal dining room with wainscoting, a trey ceiling and butler’s pantry, library with gas fireplace and cherry bookcases, two-story family room with limestone fireplace and soaring views of the wooded backyard, gourmet kitchen, sun room, guest suite, powder room and laundry.
On the second and third floors are five more bedrooms including a refined Owner’s Suite, 4.5 baths, and a bonus/rec room.
Outside living space includes wrap–around and screened porches, and rear deck … on a lot adjacent to the Johnston Mill Nature Preserve. Comfortable elegance indeed.
- Beautiful neighborhood streetscape
- Miles of walking trails
- Concrete driveway
- Side-entry 3 car garage
- Winding stone sidewalk
- Wrap-around porch
- Stone, shake and fiber cement
- Mahogany front door with beveled glass
- Screened porch for outdoor entertaining
- Large deck for grilling and dining
- 1.76 acre lot adjacent to Johnston Mills Nature Preserve
- 5,498 heated square feet on three levels
- Wide plank flooring throughout main level and upstairs hallway
- Ceramic tile bathrooms and laundry floors
- Freshly painted, neutral color palette
- Two story foyer and family room
- Triple zone heating and cooling
- Niles music system wiring
- Security system
- Large windows with transoms to enjoy the view, wainscoting below chair rail, trey ceiling, and butler’s pantry with wine refrigerator
- Double French doors, floor to ceiling cherry bookcases, magnificent fireplace wall
- Beautiful wall of windows, limestone fireplace flanked with cherry cabinets and bookcases
- Center island with raised bar accommodates seating for four
- Granite counters with tumbled stone backsplash and decorative Verdi tile inserts
- Dual Bosch dishwashers, SubZero refrigerator, five-burner Wolf cook top with cherry-paneled hood, double Jenn-Air wall ovens, stainless microwave
- Island prep sink and spacious pantry with double cherry doors
- Combination lighting includes recessed, under-counter and pendulum
- Owner’s Suite has large sitting area, two walk in closets, and trey ceiling
- Main level bedroom has private full bathroom and outdoor access
- Three additional bedrooms on second level all have access to full bathrooms and ample space for desk and dressers
- The third floor and sixth bedroom could have many uses, media room or teen retreat complete with full bathroom
- Owner’s Bath has marble counter, ceramic and stone inlays, walk in shower, jetted tub, and large windows for lots of natural light
- First floor has guest bath with Avonite counters and Kohler fittings and two additional half baths
- Second floor has two additional bathrooms
- Third floor has the 5th full bath
- Bonus room on the second level has recessed lighting and large windows
- Side entry door, lots of built in cabinets, utility sink and counter space for folding
Click here for a Virtual Tour of this property.
Click on image to enlarge.
Driving Distances from 123 Any Street, Chapel Hill, NC:
- UNC Campus … 6 miles
- Duke Campus … 11 miles
- Research Triangle Park … 19 miles
- RDU Airport … 21 miles
- Raleigh / NC State University … 32 miles
- Charlotte … 137 miles
- Wilmington (“the Coast”) … 165 miles
- Asheville (“the Mountains”) … 218 miles
Located between two large tracts of Duke Forest, the Johnston Mill Nature Preserve is part of a large expanse of mixed hardwood forest in Orange County. A two-mile section of New Hope Creek winds through the northeast corner of the property as it travels southward to Durham.
In the springtime, ephemeral wildflowers like trout lily, hepatica, Jack-in-the-pulpit, spring beauty and Catesby’s trillium carpet the floodplain. More than 125 bird species have been observed here. In the spring and summer, neotropical birds nest here.
The land is owned by the Triangle Land Conservancy, a member-supported non-profit organization. Since 1983, TLC has protected over 10,000 acres across the Triangle region.
Source: Triangle Land Conservancy
The Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools (CHCCS) is one of two public school systems in Orange County, NC. Established in 1909, CHCCS is located near the flagship campus of the University of North Carolina (UNC) and the world renowned Research Triangle Park (RTP). As a result of the district’s proximity to higher education and research facilities, our community boasts one of the highest educated populations in America.
The district operates three high schools, four middle schools, ten elementary schools, a school for young people being treated at UNC Hospital and an alternative high school. These schools serve more than 12,000 students.
The residents of 123 Any Street attend Morris Grove Elementary School, Smith Middle School, and East Chapel Hill High School.
University of North Carolina
UNC-Chapel Hill, the nation’s first public university, ranks among the world’s leading research universities. A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, Carolina regularly ranks as the best value for academic quality in U.S. public higher education.
Now in its third century, the University offers 78 bachelor’s, 112 master’s, 68 doctorate and seven professional degree programs through 14 schools and the College of Arts and Sciences. More than 29,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students learn from a faculty of 3,600. Every day, faculty, staff and students shape their teaching, research and public service to meet North Carolina’s most pressing needs in all 100 counties. Carolina’s 282,886 alumni live in all 50 states and more than 140 countries.
Younger than most other prestigious U.S. research universities, Duke University consistently ranks among the very best. Duke’s graduate and professional schools — in business, divinity, engineering, the environment, law, medicine, nursing and public policy — are among the leaders in their fields. Duke’s home campus is situated on nearly 9,000 acres in Durham, N.C, a city of more than 200,000 people. Duke also is active internationally through the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School in Singapore, Duke Kunshan University in China and numerous research and education programs across the globe. More than 75 percent of Duke students pursue service-learning opportunities in Durham and around the world through DukeEngage and other programs that advance the university’s mission of “knowledge in service to society.”
- Durham Bulls Baseball
- Durham Performing Arts Center
- Jordan Lake
- Meymandi Concert Hall
- NC Museum of Art
- NC Zoo
- The Streets of Southpoint
- Umstead Park
- Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
My family and I relocated to the Triangle area in 2002. Now years later, we cannot image living anywhere else!
I’m a broker in the local office of Coldwell Banker. I represent buyers and sellers of luxury properties. If you have questions about this property, or any other, please call me at (919) 307-9750, email me using the form below, or visit my website . I look forward to speaking with you.
Welcome Home 919 Realty Group, LLC is an independently owned and operated member of Coldwell Banker Howard Perry & Waltson. All information in this site is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed and is subject to change. © Copyright 2017 Welcome Home 919 Realty Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.